- Please be thorough and complete in your responses on this application. Answer all questions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact OneMoreDogRescueInc@gmail.com.
- We will call your vet, references, and landlord. Thus, please notify them and consent to them releasing information to One More Dog Rescue, Inc.
- In order to become an approved foster, you must agree to a home visit by a One More Dog Rescue, Inc. representative. The visit will be scheduled ahead of time.
- There is no telling how long you will be a foster since the pet will be in your care until a wonderful home is found and they are adopted. Hence, fostering can last days, weeks, or months. This is a commitment, though we strive to find them strong adoptive homes as quickly as we can. In order for this to happen, you need to be flexible about introducing potential adopters to the foster. We will do our best not to inconvenience you.
- Given the above point, fostering is also a monetary commitment. One More Dog Rescue, Inc. will pay for routine appointments such as spay/neuter, vaccinations, and the initial exam to make sure the dog is healthy immediately after the shelter. Please ensure that you are financially able and prepared to pay for the animal's food and toys.
- Please give the pet at least 2 weeks to acclimate to your home. As you can imagine, they have been through a lot and will need time to decompress. On average, it takes 2 weeks to get to know a dog. If you experience any concerning behaviors, contact us immediately.
- Find out if all members of your household/family are in agreement about fostering a dog. If they are, GREAT! If not, please consult us and consider if fostering is right for you.
- If you decide you cannot imagine your life without your foster, WONDERFUL! We will work with you to make a seamless adoption for your potential new best friend. Just contact us!
- Fosters must agree to the conditions in order to be approved.
- Once you complete and submit the application, it is subject to approval. One More Dog Rescue, Inc. will notify you as to whether or not your application was approved.
If you would like a copy of the application for your records, you must hit the print button before hitting the submit button.